- Nikiti – Port Marmaras: 11 nautical miles. A small port with floating pontoons
and few berths available. It is best to dock at the marina of Porto Carras.
- Nikiti – small creeks of Porto Carras: 11 nautical miles. Just after the hotel of
Porto Carras, easily visible from the sea and its marina, there are small coves with
turquoise waters, well protected from the wind.
- Small creeks of Porto Carras – Porto Koufo: 11 nautical miles. Throughout
the journey, we must sail off the islets of Spalathronission. Porto Koufo is the best
natural harbour in the whole Aegean Sea. It is sheltered from all weather
- Porto Koufo – Gulf of Sykia: 16 nautical miles. The Gulf of Sykia is quite large
with adequate depths at its centre where you can anchor easily. The waters there
are clear with a sandy seabed that provides good anchorage. You can find taverns
on the beach. From there, it is easy to go to the island of Limnos if that is your
- Gulf of Sykia – The island of Diaporos: 20 nautical miles. There’s no particular
difficulty along the route, the waters are clear and the depths are suitable for
anchoring. You can swim and remotely anchor in different beaches such as
Platanitsi, Kavourotripes, Armenistis, Zografou and Manassou. The island of
Diaporos provides anchorage protected by any kind of weather.
- The island of Diaporos – the island of Amouliani: 15 nautical miles. You can
swim in Alikes (Gulf of Tsarki). In the main port of the island there is no access to
water or electricity. The Amouliani village is worth a visit. You can combine a visit
to the island for the day with a return to Ormos Panagias for the night. At Ormos
Panagias on the left side as you enter, there is a fairly new marina with floating
pontoons where you can find a berth. Go stern or bows to a pontoon / dock.
- Ormos Panagias – Gulf of Sykia. We suggest you cross the Gulf of Sykia to
sail along the coastline of Mount Athos and admire its famous monasteries
Note: The Shipping Act (Maritime Law) prohibits any stop and anchoring at any
point of the coastline of Mount Athos or approaching at less than 500 meters. If
however you wish to visit, access is only available to men with an authorization
issued by the office of Mount Athos at Ouranoupoli.